Saturday, November 04, 2006

On Fire


They tell you where you need to go
They tell you when to leave
They tell you what you need to know
They tell you who you need to be

But everything inside you
Knows there's more than what you've heard
There's so much more than empty conversations
Filled with empty words

When everything inside me
Looks like everything I hate
You are the hope I have for change
You are the only chance I'll take

And I'm on fire when you're near me
I'm on fire when you speak
I'm on fire burning at these mysteries

I'm standing on the edge of me
I'm standing on the edge of everything I've been
And I'm standing at the edge of me, at the edge of me

- 'On Fire' (Switchfoot)

I will stand my watch
And set myself on the rampart,
And watch to see what [God] will say to me,
And what I will answer when i am corrected.

Then the Lord answered me and said:

'Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.
For the vision is yet for an appointed time:
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it:
Because it will surely come. It will not tarry.'

The prophet Habakkuk (2:1-3)

Just some things I've been hearing this morning.

No comments: